Saturday, November 17, 2007

I'm homesick

I'll admit it. I'm homesick. Don't get me wrong - I absolutely love it here. Well, for the most part. I don't love getting up at 5:30 in the morning to catch the bus to Union Station where I have to transfer to another bus in order to make it to my office in Georgetown by 9. Thank God for iPods. On the other hand, I love my job so I guess that makes dealing with the Metro bearable. I also don't love that it's Saturday night and I am sitting here on my couch with nothing to do and nobody to talk to. I'm meeting people, but I still don't know anybody well enough to call them up and see what they are doing. Not to mention that my budget sort of prohibits any extracurricular activities at the moment. I miss all my friends in Minnesota. I'm sure this is a normal reaction and Loz keeps telling me that this is just a transition period. Logically I know that. Today just hasn't been a good day. Maybe tomorrow will be better. I'm the one that keeps saying you have to have hope, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kitten,
Don't worry, this is just a phase. Pretty soon you won't remember what it is like sitting alone on your couch on a Saturday night. Just remember, although I miss you terribly, I am also VERY proud of you.

The Master

HLW said...

Kitten,
I'm so sorry that I totally missed you move and all of your recent posts. I wish I could say it was all because of Cape Town, but it was mostly just the holiday and family. I'm glad that you got here and that you like your job, but I'm sorry that you were feeling a bit homesick. I'm not much of a social butterfly at the moment, but I do go out. If you want to hang out, let me know.
p.s. thanks for the shout out!