Monday, March 31, 2008

Just When You Thought It Was Over

Let me preface this entry by saying that I am very, very happy with Mr. APR. Sure, we still haven't actually had "the talk" and I know absolutely nothing of his past but when we're together it doesn't matter. He makes me laugh, does little things he knows will make me smile and his bedroom antics left me speechless (in a VERY good way) on 2 different occasions this weekend. I look forward to his phone calls at night and hate when he's away. Sounds perfect, right?



So why the hell do things like this keep happening to me?



It's Friday night. APR and I are out for our usual dinner and a movie. I've been waiting days to see him and I am just reveling in the affection. He obviously missed me as much as I missed him. My phone chirps......wait, what is this, a text message from OBF? I am confused, but I play it off. After all, OBF and I more or less decided against any contact over the weekend given that his gf was in town and I was spending the weekend with my boyfriend......or whatever you want to call him. It's not like there's been much going on there. We still talk, with the occasional innuendo, but that's been the extent of it. But still, there it was bright and bold on my phone - One new text (OBF). huh. He wanted to know the name of a certain Cuban restaurant I frequent with a friend. I've been telling him for months that I'm going to bring him there, and now he wants to know the name of it so he can bring is gf? I felt a flicker of jealousy but quickly put it out. He's not mine, why should i be jealous? I responded, and let it go.



1:00 a.m. I am laying on the bed, trying to catch my breath when my phone goes off. New text message - it's OBF. 'Thanks', it said "But we went to Havana Village instead. Hows your night going?'



(Insert Record Scratching Sound)



WTF????



He knows where I am, who I'm with and he wants to know how it's going? I didn't respond...that would just be too weird.



Sunday Afternoon - I'm sitting next to APR on the sofa. He's working, I'm working.....it's the epitome of domestic bliss. I check my email for something I am waiting on and that's when I see it. "Damn, this kinda sucks" it says. Sent at 1:37 am.



Kitten - "What sucks?" (even though I think I know the answer)

OBF - "Not talking all weekend" (Yep, I knew the answer)

Kitten - "Cute, I miss you too, now go have a good weekend and we'll talk soon."

OBF - "Let's go out this week. Soon."

He's coming over tonight to help me hang some pictures and do some other things around the place I can't do with a fractured ankle. I shouldn't let him. I know that.

But I missed him too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ummm... hold on a minute... 'fractured ankle'? There has got to be a good story behind that one... Aren't you going to share?