Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day to all my faithful readers! I am sitting here in the office awaiting the start to my much anticipated V-Day evening with MovieGuy (whose name we are changing to APR because Foxy insists on calling him Mr. Amusement Park Ride). First, let me just say that I don't understand why Valentine's Day is such a huge deal. I didn't even remember that it was coming up until Sunday afternoon when APR was driving me home. He says "We're definately doing something Thursday, right?". And like the true blonde that I am (though you wouldn't know it by looking at me), I respond with "Why, what's so special about Thursday?". He looks at me as if I have just committed one of the 7 deadly sins and tells me its Valentine's Day.

Oops. Missed that one.

Valentine's Day. For 3 days I pondered and agonized what to get him. I mean, we've only been dating a month and a half, so I'm not about to go all sugar mama and start buying him expensive gifts. I finally sent his friend a myspace message and garnered some assistance. We settled on a Blu-ray movie he's been wanting forever. Ok, its not the most romantic gift in the world, but I did put some thought into it. Or at least I was resourceful enough to get suggestions. Then there was the card.....that was a whole other experience in itself. Again, we're a fairly new couple. I don't want him opening a card that screams 'I Love You' in red glitter. I wanted something simple. Something chaste, if you will. Something that says I'm glad you're in my life, you make me happy.

I got Cupid mooning a couple. Not exactly what I had in mind, but it certainly doesn't say 'I Love You'.

And so I wait, wondering what surprises, if any, APR has in store for me. Did he get me a gift? Did I go too overboard? Is he planning a romantic evening?

Stay Tuned.........

No comments: